Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Debater is a Good Film-Resolved!



The Great Debaters-fine film.

I've had mixed feelings about going to see the film. However, the film was refreshingly new and different. The film didn't revolve around the Denzel, but instead the film showcased some burgeoning talent. Nate Parker, Jurnee Smolett (who is very beautiful) and Denzel Whitaker made the movie shine. Seventeen-year old Denzel Whitaker plays Forest Whitaker's son in the movie, and at first I thought he was Forest's son in real life. As chance would have it Denzel W. and Forest W. share the same last name, and I believe first name was chosen by his parents named for a reason. I was good to see Forest Whitaker and Denzel Washington share the screen. It's like having a great starting five and then when the bench comes in you realize the whole team is full of superstars. There where some glitches in the film, but they were minor. I won't point them out, because I don't want to ruin the film for you.

Producer Oprah Winfrey and director Denzel Washington teamed up to bring this empowering and moving film to life. The plot was well laid out and the character development was good, and the theme was moving. I thought back during the film to an opportunity that I passed over to become apart of the debate team at Glendale Community College. Watching the film made me long for the opportunity to make use of my oratory and debate skills and to brush up on some literature.

If you are looking for a film to watch with the fam over the holidays, I would definitely recommend this one.

E-Gives it 4 Stars! I have to go to sleep now for my road trip, Goodnight, oh and Merry Christmas!

No comments: